It's time for a 1-2-3 minute reading.
Get updates in ed-tech news, insights, and courses in 3 minutes.
We write 1 insight.
We feature 2 courses.
We curate 3 news.
1 - Cohort-based learning platforms: A go or a no?
Cohort-based learning platforms have been popular with course creators due to the rise of cohort-based courses. Many Ed-tech founders start to build SaaS for course creators plus a marketplace to showcase their creators' works.
But as a course creator, should you really need to use these platforms? Or is it better to create your D-I-Y landing page and get your own domain?
Here are action steps to help you decide:
2 - Featured Courses
I. Become A Copywriter Who Supercharges Their Creativity With AI
Copywriting doesn't come with manual writing alone. It is now powered by Artificial Intelligence. Learn the art and science of copywriting with this modern method with Divij in a 5-week course! ✍🏽
Start Date: Join the waitlist
II. The System Design Masterclass for Engineers
Are you an intermediate-level engineer who wants to upskill? This is your time to shine! Arpit created a masterclass that will help you become great at designing scalable, fault-tolerant, and highly available systems. Join him next year in his next cohort!
Start Date: January 8, 2022
3 - Top News
I. Co-working and Edtech company Talent Garden acquires Hyper Island to scale online courses globally
- Talent Garden is the "European-We-Work-meets-General-Assembly" offering digital courses + co-working space. They are now acquiring HyperIsland, called the "European Digital Harvard University" to level up its game.
- "It’s estimated that some 97 million new digital jobs will emerge in the next few years, with the global digital education market estimated to grow from $8.4 billion in 2020 to $33.2 billion by 2025, making it one of the fastest-growing sectors of the post-pandemic era."
Thoughts? What will be the next Edtech companies that will collaborate to expand its growth?
II. Zoho enters EdTech space with TrainerCentral
- This is no different from other SaaS platforms for course creators and trainers. Trainer Central is a no-code platform, with web conferencing capability, and a built-in marketing toolkit.
- Future features support peer discussion, cohort-based courses, CRM tools, and availability in different languages.
- It's a combination of Teachable + Zoom + Hubspot.
Check out if it fits your needs.
Thoughts? Zoho is just one of the companies that ventured into the Edtech space that created a SaaS and a marketplace for course creators. What will be the next?
III. The Edtech AI Space Race Has Begun
Bonus! Everyone is talking about the future!
So what do you think will be the future of Higher Ed? Read the full article, "Exponential Age and Online Learning in 2030."
Hope you enjoyed it! And if you do, sharing it to friends via Twitter, Linkedin, and Facebook will make a huge difference.
Do you want to feature your course in our next newsletter? Let us know