It's time for a 1-2-3 minute reading.
Get updates in ed-tech news, insights, and courses in 3 minutes.
We write 1 insight.
We feature 2 courses.
We curate 3 news.
1 - Insight
What is Cohort-based learning? Is it really the future of education?
I know, I know. There are tons of content about this topic already. So I've made it simple to digest. (I hope!)
And to think that not everyone knows how it works, what's special about it, and why on earth experts say it's the future of online education--it's still important to expound its meaning.
So let's start! Read the rest
2 - Featured Courses
The digital world is getting more exciting!
Greg Isenberg, an expert on community-based products is going to teach us how to build a tokenized community. He also tweeted that the future of education is web 3. Hmm 🤔 So check out his course.
Start Date: Nov 15
Price: 1 NFT = 1 Access for 1 week!
Reserve your slot
Are you struggling to grow your audience? Try Podcasting!
Jeremy Enns, a podcast expert created his micro-school called Podcast Marketing Academy. Check out his accelerator course and see if it fits your needs!
Start Date: March 2022
Price: $1250 for 4 weeks! With money-back guarantee!
Reserve your slot
3 - News
Skillshare launched Chroma courses, a marketplace of cohort-based courses
- Skillshare is one of the leading marketplaces for learning creativity, and they launched another product called "Chroma courses", similar in the cohort-based learning format.
- Matt Cooper, CEO of Skillshare spoke up! "The future of learning is personal, project-based, and feedback-driven." You can find all of these in Chroma courses.
- The courses are led by Skillshare's most in-demand teachers, offering a high value learning with direct access to the teacher, a tight-knit group, and live feedback.
- Courses are accessible without subscribing to Skillshare.
- Should we expect MOOCs marketplaces to turn their business model into a cohort-based one? Source Link
Unacademy wants to become the largest consumer brand in India by 2025
- Brief background about Unacademy—It started out as a Youtube channel, was now valued at $3.44B last August 2021.
- It acquired 2 ed-tech startups—Graphy, a creator SaaS product for cohort-based courses. And Relevel, India's first hiring platform showcasing job seekers' skills through tests.
- Just last month, Graphy acquired Spayee for $25M. Spayee is a multimedia course platform in one place. Guarav, co-founder of Unacademy believes acquiring Spayee will strengthen the value proposition of Graphy.
- What will be the next kind of idea in ed-tech? Source Link
What are the possible applications of AI in education, and are human teachers and trainers about to be replaced by machines and robots?
- Ben Pike, CEO of MasterStart believes AI is about augmenting—not replacing— humans.
- AI-based learning can be effective in repeated engagement and simulation, but cohort-based learning engagement is still vital in education. Real interaction between human teacher and student cannot be substituted.
- There is a predicted £90bn of venture capital investment in edtech alone over the next few years.
- Training providers should focus on 3 things: making highly engaging materials to create stimulating environments, ensuring someone leads in taking care of the data to leverage once AI is ready, and thinking on how to improve the personalization of learning experiences.
- As a training provider, what can I do today to leverage my skills? Source Link
Tada! Thanks for reading until the end.
Hope you enjoyed it! And if you do, it will make a huge difference sharing it to friends via Twitter, Linkedin, and Facebook.
Do you want to feature your course in our next newsletter? Let us know